Welcome to The Handmaid's Tale Wiki! The Community Portal is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above or leave a message at the "Watercooler".
- Only post things that have relation to canon sources:
- Only add information that is valid and verifiable. Unless when editing articles about the action itself (episodes, chapters), reference the episode or chapter where the information is taken from - at least once per paragraph. Using braces ("The Word"), footnotes , or a simple link is up to you.
- Please do not post anything in the article body that is bias. (For example, Gilead isn't a Republic due to the totalitarian regime from a hostile takeover.). Yes, everyone has an opinion, but this is an informational website. Express your opinion in a comment or a discussion.
- Do not edit someone else's userpage without their consent.
- As said before, leave opinions in the comments.
- Please speak respectfully to other users. No harassing, threatening or insulting others.
- Do not post any vulgar content. Swearing is allowed to a certain extent when used as part of normal speech and not directed at someone (eg. "That was fucking awesome!" is ok, "You're a fucking bitch" is not).
How to help out
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by adding content. Remember to reference the source.
- Work on relationships and other theme pages.
- Create galleries and snapshot illustrations for episodes and characters.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates.
- If you need help editing, you could start with Help:Editing or the tutorial.
Want to discuss stuff?
- If you want to discuss anything specific to an article, you can use the comment section below it.
- For more general discussions you can use the Discussion tab of this page, or the Watercooler Forum for technical stuff.
Things to do
Some other interesting pages
- Want to find out what you've done so far? Visit your contributions page.
- Find out more about the wiki on Special:WikiStats, Special:Statistics and Special:Version!