They drive in matte black long-wheelbase Ford Transit vans with tinted windows, winged eyes painted on the sides; they occasionally wear small items with eyes on them too, such as pins, and they wear dark sunglasses. According to June Osborne, anyone could be an Eye and you wouldn't know until it is too late - although the organization seems to be made up solely of loyal and subservient men, it is possible they also use women, most likely Aunts and Marthas, as spies and informants. In addition to monitoring and spying upon the general populace, the Eyes also make arrests and harshly interrogate suspects. It is heavily implied they mercilessly torture suspects to their deaths or blackmail them to get the answers they want if they were to keep them alive in the foreseeable future.
- Commander Pryce 1st District Head (killed in the Red Center Bombing)
- Commander Cushing 2nd District Head (framed by Serena Joy, June, and Nick)
- Commander Putnam 3rd and Current District Head (carried out Cushing's arrest)
- Commander Judd: Head of the Eyes 15 years into Gilead's future (Testaments only)
- Martha of Commander Guthrie
- Aide of Commander Guthrie
- Beth (alcohol supply)
Report Chains Edit
- Guthrie's Martha $ \rightarrow $ Nick
- Guthrie's aide $ \rightarrow $ Nick
- Nick $ \rightarrow $ Pryce
Mentions and activities Edit
After The Takeover Edit
Before the main storyline Edit
Two guards lead Commander Guthrie into an office building of the Eyes. Nick reports to a pleased Commander Pryce that Guthrie has been sleeping with his last two Handmaids and is skimming from the transportation budget, according to his aide and his Martha. Pryce then reminds Nick to "be chiefly reporting on the activities of his own Commander" and regrets the loss in the Waterfords' household. He concludes "We are going to clean up Gilead, son".
Present time Edit
While driving Offred home alone, Nick is asked by Offred about Ofglen's arrest, and he tells her to remember she "can't change" this and "being tough or brave" won't work because "everybody breaks", and she should "tell them everything". Offred then sees a black van parked in the drive, to which Nick apologizes he "couldn't stop them". Inside the house, Offred is interrogated and electrotortured by an Eye and Aunt Lydia about Ofglen. She answers as honestly as possible, omitting the fact that Ofglen is a member of a rebel network, but admitting that she knew Ofglen was a 'Gender Traitor', When they ask why she didn't report the conversation. Offred replies that Ofglen was her friend. Nick later brings her ice for her injuries. He confesses he wished he'd just driven away with her  .
In a hotel room of the brothel, Mr. Waterford tells Offred that he feels "a target on his back" since he has been hearing from "purges" in other districts, fearing the Eyes could go after him, too. Offred supposes that this is what happens when you're the boss.
Beth is trading with Nick bottles of alcoholic beverages and additional contraband for other illicit goods, such as prescription drugs and pregnancy tests that are used by the customers or working girls of the brothel. Nick formally comments the trade with "The Eyes thank you for your service". 
- Nick trades with Beth on behalf of the Eyes, i.e. the Eyes' administration tolerates drug trafficking (in a certain measure).
- The Eyes could be seen as the direct antagonist of Mayday, as both are clandestine networks seeking to defeat one another.